You’re invited to attend KUCC’s Sixth Annual all-church retreat from September 11-13, 2015 at Hard Labor Creek State Park!
It will be a weekend full of fun, laughter, fellowship, deepening friendships, relevant topics, delicious food and beautiful scenery. Please register as soon as you can to reserve your space and allow the planners plenty of time to plan!
Over the years many participants feel that the retreat more than fulfills its promise of deepening connections with others. Comments included, “I got to know so many people!” and “… it was the perfect blend of discussion, downtime and fun.”
The schedule of activities will be finalized and available before the retreat, but you can look forward to Worshiping, Fellowshipping, Singing, Playing, Hiking, Connecting, Giggling, Eating, Exploring, Sharing, Reading, Praying and plenty of Free Time! Childcare is provided and free during adult sessions.
A Weekend Retreat at Hard Labor Creek State Park
2 nights, 5 meals and loads of fun & fellowship
5 MEALS: Friday night dinner will be available for an extended time to accommodate late arrivals. Sat – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Sun – Breakfast.
Hard Labor Creek State Park is approximately an hour drive from Atlanta and offers a wide range of recreational opportunities in a beautiful wooded setting. The lakeside beach is popular, and there are more than 24 miles of trails available for hikers and horseback riders. For our sleeping options, you can choose from fully equipped, spacious cottages or a modern campground. With so many ways to relax, you’d think you’d have to drive much farther!
For pricing and details about the types of housing, please see the flyer with more information on the accommodations. Registration deadline is August 5, 2015.
Our cabin accommodations at the state park have sold out, but there are still ways for you to participate!
- Camp (Friday and Saturday nights)
- Holiday Inn Express (Friday and Saturday nights) is about 15 min away from park; there are several folks staying there
- Saturday only, for the day ($15)
- Bring a flash light & lawn chair
- Be green – bring your favorite coffee mug
- Linens & towels are provided in cottages
- Wear comfortable clothes & shoes
- Bring your favorite ghost stories
- Consider performing in Karaoke & Variety Show
- All meals provided & thoughtfully planned for a variety of preferences
- BYOR – feel free to bring your own refreshments
- Pray for our time together & our KUCC community
Karaoke & Variety Show
Saturday night after supper, we’ll have the infamous Karaoke & Variety Show, an opportunity to offer up anything for the crowd. We’ve been entertained by beautiful music, handstands, poem/short story readings, Flashdance re-enactments, magic shows and many other meaningful and silly performances.
When paying online, please choose the “Other” button to enter the amount you owe,
then choose “Church-wide Retreat” from the Designated Fund.