Our Mission: Being good neighbors by building community through advocacy, outreach and inclusivity.
Our vision is a just, compassionate and peaceful world that honors all of God’s creation.
Our Guiding Principles:
- Inspired by God’s grace and through the prayerful discernment and courageous witness of God’s people.
- Grounded in biblical and theological understandings of God’s mission and the justice and compassion to which the gospel calls us.
- Rooted in the conviction that all forms of oppression and injustice can be overcome.
- Committed to full inclusion and to creating institutional structures and practices that support the self-determination of those who have been marginalized and silenced.
- Called by God to have a transforming impact on local, national, and global communities.
- Encouraged by the prophetic witness of the United Church of Christ in the past and present, and dedicated to sustaining this witness into the future.
- Convinced that God’s vision of “Another World is Possible”
At Kirkwood United Church of Christ, we believe in helping and supporting those in need in our community.
We have numerous opportunities – one-time and ongoing – for anyone and everyone to get involved and serve.
- Soup Saturday Lunches
- Community Table Food Pantry
- Homeless Ministry
- Environmental Stewardship
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Seasonal Opportunities
If you are interested in getting involved in any of the above, or if you are interested in joining our committee to advocate for such issues, please contact Cathy Hogan-Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org.