Spiritual Learning Communities (SLC)
Kirkwood UCC regularly offers the opportunity to gather in small groups for study, sharing and personal growth. Some sessions are on Sunday afternoon, others on weekday evenings. Small group Spiritual Learning Communities are offered during most times of the year, with special classes during Advent and Lent. Topics can span a wide variety of topics. Past courses have included:
- The Living Wisdom of Howard Thurman
- Handling Transition and Change in a Turbulent Time
- Deepening Our Connections: To Each Other and To God
- Self-Care Practices to Promote Healing and Wholeness
- Who Is My Neighbor? Reaching Past Our Comfort Zone
- Can We Talk? Reflections on Race, Privilege & Prejudice
- Through Mystics’ Eyes
- Communicating without Talking
- Who are We? Why am I Here? Reflections on Being
Each year, KUCC gathers a small group of adults for a year-long, in-depth Bible Study aimed at deepening our relationships with Scripture and each other. These small groups are open to everyone and begin each September. Past groups have studied curriculum such as Companions in Christ and Disciple.
- Covenant Bible Study Covenant Bible Study allows participants to become engaged in conversations about faithful and loving relationships – our relationship with God, each other and the world around us. Covenant Bible Study is a 24-week program that covers the Old Testament and New Testament. This 24- week program is divided into 3 modules. The FIRST module will held for eight (8) consecutive Sundays – beginning Sunday, September 24 and concluding on Sunday, November 12. The remaining modules will occur in 2018. Participants will collectively decide on the date and time of the remaining 8-week modules for 2018. Bible Study will be held in the ChurchHouse for 2 hours, immediately following the benediction. A light meal will be available for all participants. This small group is limited to 12 participants so advance registration is required. Please sign up if you are ready to explore the Bible’s transformative power while deepening your connection with God and each other through shared community!
Second Sunday Supper
Every 2nd Sunday of the month after worship, KUCC hosts an opportunity to fellowship and share supper with your church friends and neighbors. Look for announcements detailing where the supper will be held that month, and join us on the 2nd Sunday!
Visit our young adult page to learn more about this very active ministry!
This group is for the men of our congregation (and those identifying as male) and meets to provide support and nurture for each other. The group also hosts the annual chili cook-off during Advent.