In this season of busy and bustle, family and friends, spending and giving, excess and in excelsis deos, maybe a little Watching and Waiting with Wonder for the Christ Child to arrive would in fact be a radical and resolute practice for us during Advent.
This advent season, as we “Watch & Wait with Wonder,” we hope to live into a sense of awe and amazement as we prepare for Jesus to be born among us, one more time. Yes, it is a familiar story—and so are the feelings we have in this season. Some of us experience great joy and celebration, some of us can be active and reflective, and some of us grieve and struggle in this time. What may this season be like if we were able and willing and steadfast to let it be a time of preparation and of paying attention, considering and experiencing the story of Jesus’ birth in a new way?
In our worship life together, we’ll move along side Zechariah, the animals at the manger with Jesus, John the Baptist, and Mary & Joseph, as we pray together, ponder and preach about the many ways that these beautiful souls were also watching and waiting with wonder for Jesus to be born among them.
Worship every Sunday
Join us as we prepare our hearts and minds for the coming of the Christ child.
- Hanging of the Greens: November 26 – 5:00 pm
- First Sunday in Advent: December 3 – 5:00 pm
- Second Sunday in Advent: December 10 – 5:00 pm
- Third Sunday in Advent: December 17 – 5:00 pm
- Fourth Sunday in Advent (and Christmas Eve): December 24 – 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- New Year’s Eve Worship: December 31 – 5:00 pm
- Epiphany Worship: January 7 – 5:00 pm
Longest Night Worship
This is a quiet and supportive and meaningful service for Christmas is meaningful for those grieving past or recent losses, those struggling with sadness or anxiety around the holidays, those carrying a burden of worry/concern for self, a loved one or our world.
- Thursday, December 21 – 7:00 pm
Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship
Our annual family candlelight worship is the perfect way to celebrate God’s gift to us in Jesus.
- Sunday, December 24 – 5:00 pm
- Sunday, December 24 – 8:00 pm
ONE BIG DAY
Children, Choir, Caroling and Chili
- Sunday, December 10
- 5:00 pm: Worship featuring the Children’s Pageant & Christmas Choir
- 6:15 pm following worship: Annual Caroling in Kirkwood
- 7:30 pm after caroling: Annual Men’s Chili Cook-off Fundraiser ($5 donation)
Serving our Neighbors
- Sunday, December 3: Community Table (bring non-perishable goods for the Food Pantry)
- Sunday, December 24 – 1:00 pm: Share the Love in the City
- Saturday, December 31 – 11:30 am: Soup Saturday
Christmas in Kirkwood
Each year we love on love on kids in Kirkwood, in the city of Atlanta and in the international community. We’ll be gathering gifts for our Soup Saturday Kids, kids that are a part of the Georgia Justice Project and kids in the Atlanta refugee community. We need you friends to help make this happen–YOUR generosity and kindness will make a real difference–will mean so much to so many kids.
SPIRITUAL LEARNING COMMUNITIES
It’s time to gather “AROUND THE TREE” for our Advent Spiritual Learning Communities. During this season of waiting and preparation, we will use our KUCC daily reflections and images to experience the story of Jesus’ birth in a new way. Join us AROUND THE TREE on Sundays OR Wednesdays OR Thursdays as we enjoy light refreshments and engage in a time of sharing and connecting with one another during this Advent season.
Sundays: December 3, 10, 17
- 3:00 pm -4:00 pm @ the ChurchHouse
- Hosts: George & Becky Tuttle
- Facilitator: Tulani Jones
- Childcare available by reservation only
Wednesdays: December 6, 13, 20
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm @ Jon & Randy’s Home in Kirkwood
- Hosts: Jon Huff & Randy Brazee
- Facilitator: Tim Downs
Thursdays: December 7, 14
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm @ Calli’s Home in Kirkwood
- Host: Calli Speakman
- Facilitator: Mary Kathryn Tippett