Change of Venue
Due to weather we will gather INSIDE at the church at 7:00 am for our Easter Sunrise Service. There is plenty of parking in our parking lot, the library’s lot across from the church and along the street.
Our Easter brunch and children’s Easter egg hunt will begin at the end of our worship service. We will hunt for eggs upstairs and enjoy brunch together in the sanctuary.
If you are bringing a breakfast item, please deliver it to the church between 6:15 am and 6:55 am.
Our Pilgrim Journey
This year for the Lenten season we will be challenged on this, our pilgrim journey, to “wander with mind, soul, heart, and body engaged and intentional” – and that we continually work out the essentials, both figuratively and literally.
Ash Wednesday Worship
- Wednesday, February 10
- 7:00 a.m. & 7:00 p.m.
Lenten Conversation & Small Group Study: Pilgrimage Journeys: Poems of Exile, Persecution & Hope
- Wednesdays, February 17 – March 23
- 7:00 p.m.
- Our small group will be reading poems and texts from both the Old and New Testaments, which explore the themes of exile, persecution, hope and restoration. Experiences of exile and restoration, both literal and figurative, unite us across time and place with the earliest Israelites, the early Church and the communities experiencing displacement and exile in our world today. We’ve all experienced times when we’ve felt far from the support and love of God and we have an abundance poetic texts that may serve as guiding lights through such periods. Come join the discussion!
Wednesday Morning Study: Reflection, Holy Communion & Prayer
- Every Wednesday at 7:00 a.m.
Climate Change Conversations and Coloring
- Wednesday, 2/17, 3/2, & 3/16 at 6:00 p.m.
Weekly Community Worship
- Every Sunday at 5:00 p.m.
- and 10:00 a.m. Worship on 1st & 3rd Sundays
Holy Week Worship and Service Opportunities
- Sunday, March 20 at 10:00 a.m. AND 5:00 p.m.
- Come worship with a parade and palm branches as we celebrate the journey of Jesus into Jerusalem.
Early Morning Worship
- Wednesday, March 23 at 7:00 a.m.
- Thursday, March 24 at 7:00 p.m.
- Come and remember the Passover in the Upper Room and share in the meal that Jesus shared with his disciples.
Good Friday Worship
- Friday, March 25 at 7:00 p.m.
- You are invited into the darkness of this day—to watch and wait with Christ on the Cross. Beautiful Words, Music & Art will be offered.
- Saturday, March 26 at 11:30 a.m.
- On the last two Saturdays of the month, we set a table for the hungry in our community as part of our outreach ministry. But we offer more than just a meal, warm clothes and toiletry supplies. We also offer love, respect, hospitality and friendship.
- Sunday, March 28 at 7:00 a.m.
- In the Sanctuary at Kirkwood UCC
- Children’s Egg Hunt at 8:00 a.m.
- Easter Brunch following worship
- Note: there will be no 10:00 a.m. or 5:00 p.m. worship on Easter Sunday. Everyone is invited to join us at the Sunrise Worship service.